Sunday, March 26, 2006

I thought that I loved them but the concert was average

Last night, I ventured to the Empty Bottle hoping to see an amazing performance, but that's not what happened. This is another example of why having expectations can be wrong. The place was packed; I would estimate that the small Ukrainian Village club was near sold out.

Only two bands were on the roster: Catfish Haven and I Love You but I've Chosen Darkness. The former was horrible. They sounded like some even worse version of Candlebox. Enough said about them, let's move on.

I Love You but I've chosen Darkness was mediocre at the show. I have discovered that the band's most impressive songs are on their two song Artikal 12'' record. Those songs have a MPC, electric sound that the new full-length album lacks. The new songs didn't grab me and weren't very catchy. Also, they have no energy in concert. The band has moved to more what I call average. Again, expectations are bad.

1 comment:

S.Madoori said...

wow... glad i didn't go to the show. It would still be nice if you took a camera to the show or at least showed some pics of the Empty Bottle. But also, a little more detail into why the concert was bad might help too.. Keep up the good work!