Sunday, March 05, 2006

Nada Surf and Rogue Wave at the Metro in Chicago

Image hosting by Photobucket
Nada Surf

This concert definitely earned itself into my all time top 10. The night started with the soothing sounds of Inara George; she was a worthy opener for the show.

After this, Rogue Wave played an excellent 45 minute set, performing songs from their two record catalog. If I wasn't already a fan, this set would have had me sold. They had more of an energetic stage presence than I had anticipated.

Then the headliner, Nada Surf, took the stage. I was amazed that the stage show included fog and reflective mirrors. The three piece band from Brooklyn performed a barrage of songs spanning all of their CDs, including High/Low. Nada Surf gave Chicago a special surprise of playing a two hour set, complete with an encore. I went home truly satisfied.

Click here to read some interesting facts about Nada Surf.

1 comment:

S.Madoori said...

ahhh Can't believe I missed it! Hopefully they come again real soon