Friday, April 07, 2006

The New Amsterdams show at Logan Square Auditorium

Image hosting by Photobucket
As I said with the I Love You but I've chosen Darkness, expectations can be wrong. The New Amsterdams show last night at Logan Square was average. The band sounds better on their older CD's than they do live. This might be because singer, guitarist Matt Pryor is struggling to separate from his former band's (The Get Up Kids) emo style, attempting alt-country and not pulling it off. Another problem with the show was the levels were uneven with the bass and drums drowning out the other instruments. On a positive note, I like the bands use of stand-up bass and steel guitar, plus some of the songs are fun. Also, Pryor will always receive my respect for his work in the Get Up Kids. Besides releasing Story Like A Scar, the band has a free album download called the Cure or Killed LP avaible at the website.

No comments: